Crispy Cauliflower Bites
Try these baked crispy cauliflower bites as a snack or appetizer as an alternative to unhealthy fried foods.
Serving size: 4 servings
• 1 head of cauliflower (cut into small pieces and stems removed)
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon granulated onion
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• 1 cup egg whites (whisked)
• 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
• ¼ cup parmesan (grated, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking spray.
- Heat ½ cup of water in a large pot and steam cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the pot and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Season the cauliflower with the flour mixture and then coat with the whisked egg whites.
- Lastly, coat the cauliflower in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the cauliflower onto the baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite low-sugar barbecue sauce or ranch dip. Enjoy!
Serving size: ¼ of recipe
Calories: 239 calories
Saturated fat: 1.1g