Crunchy Nutty Granola
Granola is a great addition for cereals, oatmeal, smoothies, baked goods, and more. You can even fill a small container and have it as a mid day snack! Try this crunchy nutty granola without the added sugars and perservatives of traditional store bought versions.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dry or shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or to your desire)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid from chickpea can or use egg white)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and linebaking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, seeds, coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Prepare aquafaba (chickpea salt water). Add liquid to mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to whip. Can take up to 10 minutes, usually 5.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla to the aquafaba. Beat for 30 seconds more. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 28-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Store at room temperature for 2-3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.