Give Back This Holiday Season
The holiday season is a great time of year to give back to your community or those less fortunate. Not only will this help those in need, but it will also leave you feeling happy, humbled, and can help you de-stress.
Here are a few ideas of how you can help others:
1. Do a random act of kindess: for example, hold the door open for someone, help someone carry groceries to their car, shovel snow for a neighbour, send a coworker an anonymous note or treat, or pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
2. Volunteer your time: some places to keep in mind are your local food bank, shelters, soup kitchens, and churches.
3. Sponsor a family in need: you can find families in need in your community by checking with local churches or the Salvation Army. Provide them with gifts from Santa for their children and groceyr store gift cards to help prepare a holiday meal.
4. Donate gently used items: take the time to clean our your closet and/or your kids' toy box and donate items to your local Good Will.
5. Give financial donations to a charity: choose a charity close to your heart nd make a donation.
6. Bring pet food supplies to your local animal shelter: our furry friends need help too! Contact your local animal shelter.