Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch dinosaur kale, finely shredded
- ½ English cucumber, cut into small dice
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of ½ and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of ¼ and juice of 1 orange
- Place the quinoa in a medium sauce pan, cover with 1 ¾ cups cold water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 18-20 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- Put the quinoa in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mint, kale, cucumbers and onions and mix to combine.
- Whisk together with the olive oil and lemon and orange zests and juices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The longer the salad sits the better the flavours become.
Source: Christiena Flagler – Magna Employee – Real Estate Assistant