Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Not sure what to do with the seeds from the pumpkin you carved? Roast and eat them! There are a variety of seasonings you can use to add flavour to your seeds. Give this recipe a try!
Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 30 minutes, Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- Scoop seeds out from the inside of the pumpkin. Try to remove as much of the pumpkin off the seeds, place in a large pot or bowl of water to clean them.
- Scoop the seeds out of the water and pat try with paper towel.
- Seasoning time! Add your favourite seasonings – salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celcius. Place pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and bake. Stir occasionally and cook for 25 – 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Enjoy the pumpkin seeds as a snack, or try adding them to your salad for some added flavour and nutrition!