Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Sauce
Don't feel guilty for indulging in your favorite Mexican dish with these low-carb tacos.
• 1 lb wild Alaskan salmon fillets
• 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 cup cubed pineapple
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
• ½ lime, juiced
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 12 large lettuce leaves
1. Place salmon, 5 cups of water, and a couple pinches salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a very slight simmer, with just a few bubbles breaking the surface, and cook for 8 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Remove fish with slotted spoon and gently break apart flesh with a fork.
2. In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, avocado, pineapple, green onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
3. Divide salmon among lettuce leaves and top with salsa.