Fall into Fitness
Seasonal techniques for the whole family!
Raking Leaves: A great activity to do with the whole family!
- Targets upper body strength and cardio
- Burns around 270 calories per hour
Hiking: Take advantage of the beautiful fall scenery and get in a full body workout!
- Targets lower body strength (and upper body strength if you carry a backpack) and cardio
- Burns around 350 calories per hour
Golf: Walk the course instead of renting a golf-cart to get your heart pumping!
- Targets upper and lower body strength and cardio
- Burns around 200 calories per hour
Biking: A great low-cost fall exercise. Turn your bike ride into an outing for the day and carry along a picnic.
- Targets lower body strength and cardio
- Burns around 400 calories per hour
Did you know?
Exercising outdoors has proven benefits such as exposure to fresh air and vitamin D, mental stimulation and mood improvement.